Straight from the kitchen of Momma! 'Nuff Said!
- Matt Stout
Momma Laurie's Lasagna
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 lb. mild Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tb. dried basil, crushed
- 2 26.5 oz. cans spaghetti sauce
- 2 16 oz. cans Italian style stewed tomatoes
- 1 8 oz. cans tomato paste
- 15 wide lasagna noodles
- 1 c. grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 6 c. cottage cheese
- 2 tb. dried parsley flakes
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 ts. salt
- 2 ts. lemon pepper
- 8-10 c. grated Mozzarella cheese
Brown the meat and drain off the fat. Add garlic, basil, salt, tomato paste, and spaghetti sauce. Simmer uncovered 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Cook noodles according to package directions. Beat eggs, fold in parmesan, cottage cheese, salt, parsley flakes and lemon pepper. Preheat oven to 375. Spray pan with non-stick spray. Spread a think layer of sauce in a pan. Layer with noodles, cottage cheese mixture and Mozzarella. Bake 30 min. Let stand 10 min before cutting.
Super size! Double the recipe except use only 15 noodles and make in a turkey roasting pan.